Search for insurance help

Use a drone for business or as part of your job?

If you use a Remotely Piloted Aircraft (drone) for business or used as part of your job, the latest update from CASA will apply to you.

CASA now requires anyone who intends to fly a drone for business purposes to gain a RPA Operator Accreditation unless they already hold a Remote Pilot Licence (RePL). For more information about CASA’s accreditation process, please visit

In addition, CASA have also mandated that any drones flown for business or as part of your job will need to be registered with CASA. Further information about registering a drone can be found here

Accreditation and Registration for commercial drones is required by 20th January 2021.

Accreditation is free and valid for 3 years, drone registration is free until June 2021 and valid for 1 year.

From 28 January 2021, fines up to $11,100 can be issued for unregistered commercial drones and unaccredited drone operators.

If you or your business uses drones, contact Tudor Insurance Australia about how you can be automatically covered under a public liability policy.
General Advice Warning: This advice is general and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider whether the advice is appropriate for you and your personal circumstances. Before you make any decision about whether to acquire a certain product, you should obtain and read the relevant product disclosure statement.

All information above has been provided by the author.

Tudor Insurance Australia, ABN 19 876 513 568, AFSL 243299

This article originally appeared on Tudor Insurance Australia Website and has been published here with permission.

Related articles

Comments (0)

Related insurance brokers

Review rating
167 reviews

Featured Featured

Daniel Ufer

Priority Insurance Brokers

  • Typically replies within
    a few hours
  • Review rating
    36 reviews

    Featured Featured

    Aimee Henderson

    Grace Insurance

  • Typically replies within
    a few hours
  • Review rating
    10 reviews

    Featured Featured

    Warren Reid

    Broad Risk Insurance Brokers

  • Typically replies within
    a few minutes