Broker Assistant/ Account Executive - Insurance Broking
Regional Insurance Brokers Brisbane(0 reviews)
Posted 1 month ago
We are searching for a Broker Assistant/ Account Executive to join our growing Cannon Hill team on a full-time basis, providing support to the Account Manager and ability to develop within the role to manage their own portfolio.
Regional Insurance Brokers is an innovative Insurance Broker with offices located throughout Queensland. For 40 years Regional has provided its clients with a high-quality broking service, supplying insurance solutions tailored to meet our clients diversified insurance requirements.
Our working environment boasts an enthusiastic team who are empowered to achieve their best through paid qualifications, working from home arrangements, ongoing training and development, EAP access and varied retail and travel discount benefits.
- Competitive salary $$$
- A yearly conference with all QIB Group companies – this year we are going to Tangalooma Island!
- Flexible working arrangements after probation
- Social events as a team
About the Role
You will be comfortable and efficient in the completion of daily tasks including but not limited to claims support, processing of new business, endorsements and renewals and general administration duties.
The role involves but is not limited to:
- Providing support to the Account Manager
- Processing new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations
- Claims support
- All general administrative duties.
Ideally you will hold relevant experience in an administrative role within the insurance industry, and specifically as a Broker Assistant holding or willing to obtain a Tier 2 in General Insurance and maintain a customer service focus.
Regional provides on-the-job, company paid training and support to the successful applicant to obtain the right qualifications to carry out the Broker Assistant position and advance their career over the years.
You will benefit from our exclusive group benefits, and a package above the modern award.
We are looking to discuss this role with candidates who align with our values and want to grow with our company.
You will be working in a team environment that focuses on achieving the best outcome for our clients.
Not only will you have the support of your team members, but you will also have access to the dedicated training and development manager, buddy system and paid qualifications.
We are proud to provide wellness discounts, and access to our group EAP service.
Working as part of a team, the right candidate must display the following attributes:
- Experience within the financial/broking services industry
- Customer services orientation
- Driven to build a career in insurance broking
- Driven to grow the portfolio with your Broker
- Develop and build relationships with clients and underwriters
- Be a quick learner
- Excellent computer skills - speed and efficiency
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Possess exceptional multi-tasking abilities
- Be an independent thinker
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Team player
- Tier 2 or Tier 1 qualifications (Insurance Broking) - preferred
- Experience using a broking system and exposure to Insight will be highly regarded
- Experienced using Microsoft Office
What's In It for You?
- Competitive salary package and employee benefits.
- Genuine career development with a growing organisation in a stable industry.
- Fantastic opportunity to gain further experience, qualifications, and ongoing development.
- Permanent full-time position.
- Company paid qualifications.
- Be a part of a diverse, friendly and social team.
If you want to know more about us and the role, please contact Caitlin Murphy on 07 4167 4213 or click "Apply Now" button.
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a RG146 general insurance accreditation?