Posted 8 months ago
Would you like an opportunity to work in one of the industry’s fastest growing brokerage groups locally? Or perhaps you have been thinking about a “sea change”?
The Rockhampton Region and Capricorn Coast is one of Queensland's fastest growing areas outside the southeast corner and home to more than 120,000 residents. Enjoy one of the best tropical climates in Australia with easy access to the Southern Great Barrier Reef, fishing, swimming, 4WD’ing, bushwalks and world-class mountain bike trails. Benefit from the regions impressive range of health, education, sporting, and cultural facilities. #explorerockhampton
We are currently looking to recruit an Account Executive to join our Rockhampton team.
Piranha Insurance Brokers is a well established local brokerage with strong national partnerships. We are part of Aviso EIA Insurance Brokers, an Aviso Group Partner with offices from Newcastle to Darwin. This is a great opportunity to work with an organisation that is locally owned and operated, a family company that is well respected within the community and broking industry alike.
Our primary focus is to recruit on your attributes. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, positive and ready to be part of a passionate, fun and dynamic team.
You must be a dedicated person that is looking to join a diverse and fast paced environment, with long term career development options.
You will be responsible for managing a portfolio across all General Insurance lines with a strong focus on service and retention.
Key responsibilities include:
- Servicing a portfolio of client’s
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with clients, Underwriters, and other key stakeholders
- Contribution to the development of new business and the retention of existing portfolio
- Provide advice and placement across multiple products including SME Package, Professional Risks, Liability, Commercial Motor & Fleet.
- Tier 1 & Tier 2 Broking qualification
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Beneficial if you have used the Insight broker system and Office Tech, but not essential.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Insurance Broking or like role
The successful candidate will also have:
- Current drivers’ licence and reliable vehicle
- A friendly and professional manner
- Sound negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent communication, English & literacy skills
- Ability to use your initiative and prioritise tasks
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively within a team and individually with minimal supervision
Benefits & Culture of working with Piranha Insurance Brokers:
- Supportive team environment offering excellent work-life balance
- Ongoing training, industry events & functions provided
- Diverse SME clientele
Fulltime role with hours being Monday to Friday from 8.30am – 5.00pm
Start date: ASAP
Please forward your confidential cover letter explaining how you would be right for this role and CV to Nadine O’Hanlon thru the 'Apply Now' button.
*Applications without a cover letter will not be reviewed*
** Only successful applicants will be contacted.**