Posted 2 months ago
Optimum Insurance is seeking an Account Broker to join our existing team.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER POSITIONS:
Given the nature of the role the person is required to build relationships with all team members, clients, Optimum personnel, Insurance underwriters and other insurance industry professional.
The position is responsible for servicing of new and existing clients for General Insurance products.
- Assisting with managing, retention of, servicing of a current portfolio of clients and new business opportunities.
- Ensure a consistently high level of client service.
- Maintaining debtor control.
- Renewal and Quote preparation.
- Assisting with new and existing customer enquiries.
- Assisting with insurance claims
- Responding to quires raised by clients, insurers and other interested parties
- Keep informed of industry developments
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation and adherence to Optimum and IAA policies and procedures.
- Development of marketing initiatives in conjunction with management
- Other tasks as directed.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve objectives established in the annual business/sales plan
- Provide timely turnaround of client requests
- Ability to work through issues / problems and find solutions
- Understanding of Insurance environment and legislation with no compliance breaches logged.
- Customer Service – client feed back, nil complaints
- Client debtor payments, average days not greater than national average.
- Maintenance of own Continuous Professional Development and compliance with ASIC PS146.
- Accurately process on iAnyware system.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to meet objectives in a business environment
- Good organisational skills and an ability to work to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to lead by example
- Good negotiation skills
- Good Typing Skills
- Computer skills including Word and Excel
- The ability to be flexible in a rapidly growing organisation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team and communicate cooperatively with team members
- Ability to maintain high standards and professional manner, diplomacy, confidentiality, presentation and excellent communication skills
Educational Requirements (provided on job)
- Privacy Legislation
- General Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
The role will include on the job training in insurance including:
- Ongoing Insurance Product Training
- Other educational training (as agreed)
- Ability to be well organised and structured
- Ability to work autonomously
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- High energy level
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Displays Initiative
- Open to change
- Friendly and co-operative personality
- Ability to grow with the company
Level of Authority: