Posted 11 months ago
Are you an ambitious insurance broker with several years’ experience looking for a more challenging and rewarding career? If so, this fantastic opportunity at our Shepparton Branch, McLardy McShane Freer, may be for you!
We are seeking an enthusiastic Insurance Professional to join our rapidly growing, privately owned insurance brokerage network. The successful candidate will work alongside the Branch Manager and possess excellent communication skills, providing a high level of service to general insurance clients.
This position also has capacity for future equity in the business.
You will be rewarded with an attractive salary and flexible work environment. So, if you want to join a progressive company with a vibrant culture then get in touch asap!
The position is 2IC to the Branch Manager/Director.
- Contribute to new business growth and client retention by assisting team with renewals and new business opportunities
- Management of debtors
- Administration of compliance requirements within branch and in accordance with company policy
- Portfolio management of book of clients
- Responding to client queries
- Issuing insurance documentation in line with statutory and business requirements
- Report writing
- Business planning and budgeting
- Assistance with claims lodgement and management
- Other tasks as delegated by the Branch Manager
- Ability to develop relationships with clients, Underwriters and other insurance industry professionals
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Meet client retention and new business targets
- Provide timely turnaround of requests
- Ability to work well with others
- Ability to work through issues / problems and find solutions
- Understanding and knowledge of Insurance environment
- Customer Service
SKILLS AND EXPERTISE:
- Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Power point
- 5 years broking experience
- The ability to be flexible in a rapidly growing organisation
- Good interpersonal skills and networking ability
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to understand FSRA Legislation
- FSRA Dealing & Advising
- Privacy Legislation
- General Insurance Brokers Code of Practice
- Preferred - ASIC PS146 - Tier 1 Broking / General Insurance Industry Qualification & Maintenance
- Ability to be well organised and work autonomously
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with eye for detial
- Displays Initiative
- Friendly and co-operative personality
- Ability to grow with the company
- Experience in dealing with all Insurance Industry Underwriter & their products in all classes of General insurance.
Respected as a leading general insurance broker, the McLardy McShane Group generates over $180,000,000 in premiums through its employee and AR network of over 160 like minded insurance professionals. We hold an Australian Financial Services License and are a member of Steadfast, Australia's largest insurance broking network.
With offices in Richmond, Albury, Bendigo, Brisbane, Byron Bay, Dandenong, Horsham, Kerang, Rosebud, Shepparton, Swan Hill, Sydney, Tamworth, Warrnambool and WA - our experienced staff help take the hassle out of organising insurances.
Our clients range from small to large commercial businesses and our role is to ensure all business assets are adequately protected. We believe in total client protection including looking after our clients personal assets.
The core values of providing professional advice, building personal relationships, giving back to the community and having fun continue to be fundamental to how we grow the business.
- Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?