Posted 10 months ago
McKillop Insurance Brokers have been operating in Launceston since 1975, and have grown to become one of the largest Insurance Brokers in the state. Our growing business currently consists of eighteen staff and we are excited to add a highly motivated trainee to join the friendly team.
The successful candidate will complete a Certificate Three in Insurance Broking over an 18-24 month contract period, leading to a full time position for the right person.
This role demands someone with a strong desire to learn and establish a long-term career path. You will be highly motivated, organised, and willing to take on all tasks allocated to you with a positive attitude.
Example of units included in this qualification:
- Working in an office environment
- The general insurance market
- The financial environment
- The legal environment
- The Insurance Contracts Act
- The Corporations Act
- Code of Practice and dispute resolution
- Working with clients
Responsibilities in addition to your training:
- Ability to service both inbound and outbound call requirements
- Greeting clients and reception duties
- Directing client enquiries
- Maintaining office equipment and supplies (including policy wording brochures, stationery and similar)
- Assistance with data entry and maintenance of client databases
- Provide administration support to Account Executives and the Management team
- General administration tasks
- Assisting with preparation for office meetings
Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- Intermediate MS office skills, including Outlook and Excel
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills
- Ability to adapt to change and open to new challenges
- Impeccable personal presentation
- A high level of attention to detail
- It would also be desired that the successful candidate be able to commence immediately.
As our newest team member, Mckillops can offer you:
- Great working culture and a fun, reliable team
- A positive learning environment where no two days are the same
- A genuine work life balance, with Monday to Friday hours
- Continuous training and development opportunities
The salary on offer is in line with the relevant guidelines, and will be discussed with the successful candidate. Applicants must have unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
If this sounds like the role for you, APPLY now.
Applications close at 11:59pm on Sunday 18th July.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?