Posted 8 months ago
Having recently been appointed as one of nine distributors of the Home Building Compensation Fund (HBCF) product in NSW, we are currently growing our team. Master Builders Insurance Brokers (MBIB) is a rapidly growing national insurance broker specialising in the building and construction industry. With a proven history of developing quality insurance professionals, we aim to create an environment where our people feel respected and engaged with the business, and where they are rewarded for outstanding work.
Reporting to the NSW Home Warranty Team Leader, this role will see you:
- Manage the eligibility and associated processes for clients in NSW and ACT,
- Work with clients to establish and grow their businesses,
- Develop and initiate new business opportunities for the Home Warranty business and in conjunction with the respective general teams in each state,
- Provide technical expertise to clients and junior staff,
- Liaise with government agencies and Underwriters of the HBCF product,
- Representing MBIB at various building and construction forums,
- Provide internal and external training to staff, clients, accountants and other industry participants surrounding MBIB products and services.
You will ideally bring:
- Strong experience in a customer facing HBCF or financial role (eg Insolvency, Trade Credit, Surety),
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting or finance,
- Demonstrated understanding of the HBCF Underwriting principles
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships with key business leaders such as CEOs, CFOs and Accountants,
- A proven understanding of company structures and financial management,
- An ability to capitalise on business opportunities,
- An innate desire to meet and exceed expectations.
The successful applicant must demonstrate their eligibility to work in Australia, and will be required to undergo a National Police Record Check.
Only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The application form will include these questions:
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- Do you have experience using insurance broking systems (e.g. WinBEAT)