Posted 1 month ago
We are seeking an experienced broker with a flair for business development and sales to join our newly created stand-alone BD team.
Master Builders Insurance Brokers (MBIB) is a rapidly growing national insurance broker specialising in the building and construction industry. With a proven history of developing high-quality specialist insurance brokers, we aim to create an environment where our people feel respected and engaged with the business, and where they are rewarded for outstanding work.
We are seeking an experienced broker with a flair for business development and sales to join our newly created stand-alone BD team. This business development and with a small account management aspect includes:
- Creating and converting new business opportunities,
- Working with the local and interstate business development team to identify, develop and execute strategies to increase new business opportunities across Victoria,
- Maintaining and developing existing and new client relationships,
- Managing a small portfolio of existing business, including renewals, endorsements and claims,
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders including MBIB colleagues, Underwriters and Master Builders Victoria team members,
- Promoting MBIB products and services at local building industry events.
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- The ability to identify and capitalise on new business opportunities,
- Tenacity, drive and patience to succeed in a competitive market,
- Enthusiasm with an optimistic attitude and strong persuasive skills,
- High level presentation skills,
- Excellent organisational and time management skills,
- Strong networking and relationship management skills,
- Ability to work both autonomously, and also part of a local and national team.
Experience in commercial insurance and Tier 1 Broking certification are both required. Exposure to construction and/or trades insurance experience is beneficial but not essential.
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
As this position holds duties that require the successful candidate to attend the office, you will need to be willing and able to demonstrate evidence of being double dosed with an approved Covid-19 vaccination.
The successful candidates must be legally entitled to work in Australia in a permanent, ongoing capacity and will be required to undergo a National Police Record Check.
Only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.