Posted 7 months ago
Seeking an experienced insurance professional with a drive to succeed to take on this key role in our Fyshwick office. Whether you take this on with a business development or an account management focus.
Master Builders Insurance Brokers (MBIB) is a rapidly growing national insurance broker specialising in the building and construction industry. With a proven history of developing high-quality specialist insurance brokers, we aim to create an environment where our people feel respected and engaged with the business, and where they are rewarded for outstanding work.
Following a recent review of our ACT operations, we are seeking an experienced insurance professional with a drive to succeed to take on this key role in our Fyshwick office. Whether you take this on with a business development or an account management focus, the core functions of this role are:
- Growing the ACT business through organic and/or new business opportunities
- Delivering an exceptional client experience
- Representing MBIB at industry events
- Working closely with the Master Builders Association
- Staff leadership
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- The ability to identify and capitalise on new business opportunities and/or grow an existing book of business,
- Tenacity, drive and patience to succeed in a competitive market,
- Enthusiasm with an optimistic attitude and strong persuasive skills,
- High level presentation skills,
- Demonstrated ability to manage an operational budget,
- Excellent organisational and time management skills,
- Strong networking and relationship management skills,
- Previous experience in a leadership / mentoring role,
- Ability to work both autonomously, and also part of a local and national team.
Experience in commercial insurance and Tier 1 Broking are both mandatory. Exposure to construction and/or trades insurance experience desirable but not essential.
A competitive remuneration package, including car allowance, tools of trade and incentive will be offered to the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate eligibility to work in Australia in an ongoing capacity and to undergo a National Police Record Check.
- Your application will include the following questions:
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience in a role which requires relationship management experience?
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?