Posted 4 weeks ago
New Opportunity in a Growing Business! An opportunity exists for you to join the JVIB team in our Cairns office as an Broker Assistant. The successful candidate will possess a friendly professional attitude, and excellent time management and prioritisation skills.
New Opportunity in a Supportive Business!
JVIB was established in Cairns in 1996 and has grown from strength to strength over the last 25 years and is one of the most reputable brokerages in North Queensland. Our aim is to ensure that all of our clients enjoy the choice of a wide range of insurance solutions to enable them to better run and protect their businesses and family assets.
A rewarding opportunity has become available in our Cairns office for a full time, proactive candidate to join our team and advance their career with us.
About the Role
The role involves but is not limited to:
- Providing support to an Account Manager
- Processing new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations
- Claims support
- All general administrative duties.
Regional will provide on-the-job, company paid training and support to the successful applicant to obtain the right qualifications to carry out the Broker Assistant position and advance their career over the years.
The right candidate must display the following attributes:
- Customer services orientation
- Driven to lead you own career path to become a Broker managing your own portfolio.
- Driven to grow the portfolio with your Broker
- Develop and build relationships
- Be a quick learner
- Excellent computer skills - speed and efficiency
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Possess exceptional multi-tasking abilities
- Be an independent thinker
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Team player
- Self motivated
- Tier 2 qualifications (Insurance Broking) - preferred
- Experience using a broking system will be highly regarded
Whilst previous General Insurance experience is valued, a desire to learn and develop in this industry is a necessity.
JVIB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, on the job qualifications, and supportive colleagues and branch managers.
Come and join our team!
To apply for this wonderful opportunity please submit your covering letter and resume via Seek. If you have any questions or would like to discuss the role, feel welcome to call Dani Gilligan on 07 3847 0403.
Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a RG146 insurance broking accreditation?
- What's your expected annual base salary?