Posted 2 months ago
We have a very unique opportunity for an insurance professional that wants to take their career to the next level.
Strata Insurance Solutions is a practice within Insurance Advisernet that specialises in strata insurance. We have a small book of non-strata insurance clients and we are looking to spin these clients off into a separate entity.
We are looking for an insurance professional (broker, underwriter, or business development manager) with at least 5 years’ experience to be the Managing Director of this new entity.
We will invest a book of clients and capital (cash) into this venture and once you have grown the business to reach certain annual income milestone, you will be a 50/50 shareholder in the business. You will have a negotiated salary from day one which will increase in time as the business grows.
This opportunity is suited for an ambitious “go getter” type that aspires to establish their own insurance broking practice and run their own business.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a desire to awaken their entrepreneurial skills.
- Manage all aspects of an insurance broking practice and be accountable for results
- Pro-actively seek new business and partnership opportunities
- Manage an existing client portfolio
- Have strong general insurance product knowledge
- Adhere to strict compliance and licensing requirements
- Be able to work independently and be adaptable
- Have excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills
- Be Tier 1 (insurance broking) qualified, with a view to achieving a Diploma of Financial Services (Insurance Broking) or Diploma of Financial Services (General Insurance) within 12 months.
- Desire a long-term partnership in this business.
While previous work experience will be considered, demonstrating the right positive attitude and work ethic will go a long way.
Who will you work with?
Tyrone Shandiman established his own insurance broking practice in 2011 at the age of 25. Tyrone took on a great deal of financial risk and responsibilities that he had no previous experience with. With this limited level of experience his journey to success in business involved learning on the job and making mistakes along the way. Tyrone wants to share this wisdom with the right person to help make this new venture extremely successful.
In 2016 Tyrone was awarded the Queensland NIBA Young Professional Broker of the Year and today his practice is in the top 15% by income of over 180 Insurance Advisernet practices across Australia.
Tyrone has recently gone into partnership establishing a personal injury law practice, which Tyrone is a non-practicing director. This business has been so successful and is already reaching three-year milestones within the first six months.
Tyrone has a demonstrated history of creating successful businesses and he is looking for the next person to go on a successful business journey with.
How to apply?
If you are interested in taking your career to the next level, please apply by clicking the 'Apply Now' button.
We are not accepting calls from recruitment agencies.