Posted 2 years ago
We are seeking a talented Account Manager to assist the team in managing a portfolio of existing clients and achieving new business targets. The primary purpose of this role is servicing both new clients and an existing portfolio of mid-market SME accounts, whilst upholding the high customer service standards that Clear Insurance is renowned for.
Clear Insurance are award-winning general insurance and risk advisers based on Brisbane's inner-northside. Our passion is providing peace of mind to our clients through the provision of bespoke insurance and risk management programs.
As a Corporate Authorised Representative of Insurance Advisernet, Clear Insurance has access to unrivalled financial strength, business efficiencies and buying power that spans every major insurer in Australia and New Zealand.
We are a fast growing and dynamic firm with an outstanding reputation in the industry. We are looking for a new team member who will help us maintain our commitment to what we are known for - superior customer service and strong, long-term relationships.
You will bring that perfect mix of professionalism and approachability that will engage and build trust with our valued clients, contribute to our success, and embrace our strong team culture.
About the Role
Your key responsibilities will include:
- New business development and driving the growth of the Clear Insurance client book
- High quality servicing and successful relationship management of existing, long-term Clear Insurance client accounts
- Working as a team member and supporting the Practice Manager and Director on corporate accounts
- Develop and deliver formal insurance program reports and manuals
- Deliver a consistently high level of service and professionalism to new and existing accounts
- Interacting with insurance underwriters in a highly professional manner and contributing to the Clear Insurance development of insurer relationships
- Liaising with clients and insurers in the administration and handling of claims
- Assisting the Practice Manager and Director with the execution of marketing initiatives
- When required, work as a team member in the administration and processing of Renewals, Endorsements and Certificates of Currency
- When required, work as a team member in the raising of quotes on sunrise and insurer quote platforms
- Identifying opportunities for cross-selling and/or up-selling of product to clients
- Maintaining debtor control
- Monitoring compliance and adherence to the platinum practice quality standards of Clear Insurance in order to continue to meet the Insurance Advisernet policies and procedures
- Achieve objectives established in the annual business/sales plan
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Understanding of Insurance industry, environment and legislation with no past compliance breaches
- Maintenance of own Continuous Professional Development and compliance with ASIC RG146
We are looking at this role as a full-time opportunity, however we will happily consider part-time options for the perfect candidate. The role will be based in our office at Ascot with flexible work from home options available, subject to maintaining the KPI’s of the role.
This is a critical position within the business. Your success in this role will be rewarded with a base salary and an incentive structure (including the opportunity for equity/part-client book ownership).
This role brings real opportunity for you to develop your insurance broking career as the business continues to grow.
In addition to being able to perform the responsibilities above, you will possess the following skills, experience and characteristics:
- Minimum Tier 1 and a Diploma of Financial Services (Insurance Broking)
- Minimum 5, preferably 10 years of commercial broking experience within the insurance industry will be highly regarded
- Prior experience undertaking all aspects of insurance broking including responding to client requests, all processing and documentation associated with the portfolio and claims management
- Excellent technical knowledge of all commercial insurance products
- Commitment to ongoing personal and professional development
- An engaging style with the ability to establish and maintain long-term relationships
- A passion for sales with the capability of pursing and closing sales of new and existing corporate accounts.
- Outstanding attention to detail, and a healthy obsession with doing things the right way
- The ability to manage your time, prioritise and work to deadlines
- A high level of computer literacy and technological nous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Sunrise and various Insurer quote platforms
- Ability to work effectively, collaboratively and enthusiastically within a team environment and to take direction from senior staff
- Ability to operate within a compliance and administrative framework
- Enthusiasm to grow as an insurance professional in a learning-focused workplace
- Ability to meet objectives in a business environment
- Ability to lead by example
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to be flexible in a rapidly growing organisation
- Good interpersonal skills
To thrive in our business, you will be a versatile individual. Professional and authentic. Efficient and approachable. Innovative and reliable.
Our workplace is a busy and dynamic environment. To succeed in this role you will bring a high level of enthusiasm and energy, along with a combined focus on maintaining great relationships and achieving great outcomes!
Where to from Here?
If this sounds like you, and you believe that you are the perfect fit for this fantastic opportunity, please apply through Seek as soon as possible. We look forward to seeing your application!
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an account manager?
- Have you completed a qualification in insurance broking?
- Brisbane, QLD
- Full Time