Posted 10 months ago
We are looking for a qualified insurance broker preferably with at least 5 years of commercial Insurance Broking experience to come into our Southport office to become a senior broker.
- Easy-going laid-back office with a view of the whole city and ocean.
- Good productive environment, with a happy go lucky team.
- Wage by negotiation, but will be a combination of base wage and commission.
We are one of Australia's fastest growing online insurance brokerages with brands like www.publicliabilityinsurance.com.au and Bluewell Insurance Brokers, with a focus on small to medium sized businesses and the Tradesman sector. We are seeking a highly motivated Insurance Broker to join our team.
Position would suit someone that can work in a fast-paced environment, looking to work for a company with a modern view on doing business. The role will have a sales component to look after an existing book of business and take inbound leads for bigger more complex insurances that cannot be handled by junior brokers. We are also looking for someone that will obtain and foster referral sources to refer clients to us. We also need someone that can "share the knowledge" to train and mentor our junior brokers to get them to the next level.
As the successful candidate you:
- Must be very computer savvy.
- Must be fluent with windows and office.
- Must have a switched-on fast learner mentality.
- Have patience to train junior brokers in a positive manner.
- Have previous history in setting up referral networks.
The successful candidate will have:
- A high level of servicing clients and always have the customers best interests in mind
- Proven track record for closing business and a drive to be successful.
- Warm, friendly, engaging personality
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to interact with both clients and underwriters
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Flexible team-oriented approach
- Impressive work ethic
- Positive CAN-DO attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Competent in IT and office procedures
- Ability to operate within compliance and administrative framework
Duties in this role will include:
- Maximise client retention, cross sales and client satisfaction
- Excellent conversion of company supplied new business inquiries
- Liaising and forming relationships with Underwriters
- Proactively uncovering winning insurance solutions
- Contribute to revenue growth through achieving financial objectives and targets
- Contribute to a positive CAN-DO team spirit
If you are a passionate and motivated high performer looking to work with a friendly team send us your resume today.
- Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of business development experience do you have?
- Do you have customer service experience in the insurance industry?
- Do you have sales experience in the insurance industry?