Posted 9 months ago
The Company: Niche Insurance Provider for NFP, aged care, churches, schools. This position sits in head office and will take care of all referrals for complex risk and large clients. The will involve mentoring Underwriters.
- Underwriting of Complex/large casualty risks
- Looking at guideline policy wordings,
- help with training and technical modules, for training of underwriting and and senior underwriting staff.
- Following the acceptance of terms from the broker, complete the processing of policies or prepare instructions for the Underwriters to process
- Providing a flexible approach tailoring policies to suit client and broker needs where possible
- Act as a referral point and approving alterations to insurance policies as and when required
- Up to date knowledge in most aspects of general insurance including a practical understanding of commercial casualty insurance principles, policies, pricing, reinsurance, claims and risk management
- Experience in dealing directly with brokers and clients
- Strong commercial negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills
- An understanding of insurance risk management including reinsurance
- To have completed or be undertaking insurance qualifications to ANZIIF
- At least 8 years’ experience working in an underwriting capacity, particularly in the casualty underwriting space
If this sounds like the type of role you've been looking for, send your resume through the portal or contact Julia Cooke 0452 442 733 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org