Posted 1 year ago
Build your insurance broking career, with a focus on new business sales across risks & industries. Sydney CBD location in national firm.
If you’re wanting to build your career as an insurance broker, love sales and building client relationships, then this is your opportunity to shine!
Bell Partners Insurance, part of the Bell Partners accounting group based at King Street Wharf, is seeking a general insurance account executive/assistant to drive growth, proactively generate leads and support the Managing Director with new business. Part of a small but growing, award-winning team, this role is integral to the success of the insurance business by working closely with the Principal/Managing Director.
Some insurance broking experience is essential but we’ll teach you what you need to build your career – you might be an existing broker or account executive, or perhaps you’re a broking assistant with a background in sales – but you must be driven by customer satisfaction, enjoy hunting for new business and determined to succeed in a high performance culture!
- Receive leads from the Principal Broker to quote and convert, acting quickly on active referrals across risks and industries (HNW assets, real estate contractors, SME businesses etc).
- Mirror and be mentored by the Principal broker, supporting him by providing administrative & broking support for his portfolio
- Generate leads from our referral partners, providing quotes & closing new business
- Maintain our reputation for exceptional customer service by providing accurate responses to all client enquiries within 24 hours and ensuring each interaction with clients is a positive experience.
- Processing New Business, Endorsements, Renewals and Cancellations
- Providing Quotations / Conducting Market Reviews
- Negotiating terms and building relationships with Underwriters/Insurers
What you need to succeed
- Some experience in general insurance broking is essential
- Results driven, enjoy chasing new business and building relationships and motivated by a drive to achieve
- “Can-Do” attitude, finding solutions rather than problems and able to think on your feet
- Confidence speaking with clients at all levels
- ANZIIF Tier 2 (Broking) accreditation minimum (with interest in getting Tier 1)
- Attention to detail and strong accuracy
What’s in it for you?
- This is your opportunity to join a successful, rapidly growing general insurance brokerage
- Be part of a Professional and Friendly Team - this year’s finalist for Brokerage of the Year, Broker of the Year and Best Customer Service.
- Ongoing Training and Development to build your career
- Sales and technical mentoring from one of the industry's best
- CBD based role at King Street Wharf
You'll get the best of both worlds: a small insurance team where you can make a real impact and feel part of the team, but part of a larger office where you can work with lots of diverse people, have access to training, conferences etc and lots of social activities.
If you put in the hard work necessary to succeed in this role, you’ll find yourself part of a fun, supportive team, with opportunities to develop your career in the future.
Via our advertisement in Seek
Salary and conditions of the role will be negotiated for the right applicant.
** Please note you must be currently based in Australia and have the valid right to work in Australia. Please do not apply if you are seeking visa sponsorship **