Posted 10 months ago
New England/North Western NSW local with extensive general insurance broking experience to build new book for a fast-growing brokerage.
Bell Partners Insurance is seeking an experienced general insurance broker to join the new Bell Partners Tamworth team to drive growth, proactively generate leads and build local relationships.
Bell Partners has offices across Australia but, until now, the insurance staff have all been based in Sydney. This is an amazing opportunity to join an existing local Tamworth office as the first general insurance broker, with the opportunity to build your own portfolio/book.
You'll work autonomously to build a new local portfolio under the guidance of the Managing Director, who visits regularly from Sydney. You'll have the support of the local Tamworth wealth management team and also work as an extension of the Sydney insurance broking team.
You must be a self-starter who's driven by customer satisfaction, enjoy hunting for new business and building relationships and be determined to succeed!
- Receive leads from the local accounting/wealth management staff to quote and convert, acting quickly on active referrals.
- Generate leads from your local network, or other new business opportunities, providing quotes & closing new business
- Managing your local portfolio (as you build it) end-to-end, from quotes to claims.
- Maintain our reputation for exceptional customer service by providing accurate responses to all client enquiries within 24 hours and ensuring each interaction with clients is a positive experience.
- Processing New Business, Endorsements, Renewals and Cancellations
- Providing Quotations / Conducting Market Reviews
- Negotiating terms and building relationships with Underwriters/Insurers
What you need to succeed
- Strong experience in general insurance broking is essential, across risks and industries, but with a special understanding of agri & commercial asset needs.
- Results driven, enjoy chasing new business and motivated by a drive to achieve - as well as the desire to manage the ongoing client relationships/needs
- Able to work autonomously and self-manage to deliver targets
- “Can-Do” attitude, finding solutions rather than problems and able to think on your feet
- Confidence speaking with clients at all levels and building long term relationships
- ANZIIF Tier 1 (Broking) accreditation
- Attention to detail and strong accuracy
- New England/North Western NSW local with existing local networks and relationships
What’s in it for you?
- This is your opportunity to represent a successful, rapidly growing general insurance brokerage within the Tamworth market
- The sky's the limit - build this new Tamworth portfolio and watch your career and team grow!
- Ongoing Training and Development to build your career
- Sales and technical mentoring from one of the industry's best
- Tamworth based role within the Bell Partners office
Via our advertisement in Seek
Salary and conditions of the role will be negotiated for the right applicant.
** Please note you must be currently based in Australia and have the valid right to work in Australia. Please do not apply if you are seeking visa sponsorship **