Posted 4 months ago
Huge career potential in a growing brokerage. Competitive salary & benefits. Great team culture based at King Street Wharf. If you’re an insurance broking Account Executive or Manager who loves the thrill of new business, is proactive and loves solving client needs, then this is the opportunity you've been hoping for.
Bell Partners Insurance, part of the Bell Partners accounting group based at King Street Wharf, is seeking a general insurance account executive/manager to shadow and support the Managing Director as he acquires new business and manages the brokerage's top clients.
Some Insurance Broking experience is essential (At least 1-5 years, but more experienced candidates are also encouraged to apply and will be remunerated accordingly) and you must be excited by new business opportunities, love a fast pace and be determined to succeed!
- With more new business coming in than we can keep up with, your task is to work closely with the Managing Director to quote and close new business & HNW client leads that he brings in
- Support him on his small portfolio of our very top clients, meeting all their insurance needs from renewals, to new business and claims.
- Maintain our reputation for exceptional customer service by providing accurate responses to all client enquiries within 24 hours and ensuring each interaction with clients is a positive experience.
- Providing Quotations / Conducting Market Reviews, acting quickly on any new business opportunities
- Negotiating terms with underwriters/Insurers
- Debtor management
- This role does not require cold-calling or cold lead chasing! Just quoting/managing supplied leads to support the Principal Broker.
What you need to succeed
- General insurance broking experience – ideally across business/financial lines
- Results driven and motivated by a drive to achieve
- “Can-Do” attitude, finding solutions rather than problems
- Confidence speaking with clients at all levels
- ANZIIF Tier 1 or 2 (Broking) accreditation
- Attention to detail and strong accuracy
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a Professional and Friendly Team - 2020 finalist for Brokerage of the Year, Broker of the Year and Best Customer Service.
- Great team culture
- Ongoing Training and Development
- Learn from the senior principal who can help develop your technical ability and new business skills
- The sky's the limit for your career with us
You'll get the best of both worlds: a small insurance team where you can make a real impact and feel part of the team, but part of a larger business where you can work with lots of diverse people, have access to training, conferences etc and lots of social activities.
If you put in the hard work necessary to succeed in this role, you’ll find yourself part of a fun, supportive team, with opportunities to develop your career in the future.
Please note you must be currently based in Australia and have the valid right to work in Australia. Please do not apply if you are seeking visa sponsorship
Your application will include the following questions:
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have sales experience in the insurance industry?
- Do you have experience using insurance broking systems (e.g. WinBEAT)
- Have you completed a RG146 insurance broking accreditation?
- Do you have business development experience in the insurance industry?