Posted 2 months ago
An opportunity exists for a Broker Assistant to join the Austcover team in our Brisbane office. The successful candidate will possess a friendly professional attitude, and excellent time management and prioritisation skills. You will be required to support a team in maintaining a portfolio of new and existing clients.
Career Opportunity in a Growing Business!
Austcover was incorporated in 1987, and has substantially developed since this time to become a successful and respected broking organisation. We pride ourselves on our reputation for quality, excellence and service. We aim to provide the highest level of professional insurance advice and service. We achieve this through a team of enthusiastic people who are able to establish and maintain good lines of communication with our clients and service providers. With your valued contribution, we will continue to maintain long term and friendly relationships that are essential for our growth and prosperity. In return for conscientious work and loyalty, staff members enjoy career security, competitive salaries, excellent working conditions and a real opportunity to advance their careers.
A rewarding opportunity has become available for a full time, proactive candidate to join our team and advance their career with us.
About the Role
The role involves but is not limited to:
- Providing support to the Account Manager
- Processing new business, renewals, endorsements and cancellations
- Claims support
- All general administrative duties.
Austcover will provide on-the-job, company paid training and support to the successful applicant to obtain the right qualifications to carry out the Broker Assistant position and advance their career over the years.
Working as part of a team, the right candidate must display the following attributes:
- Customer services orientation
- Driven to lead your own career in insurance broking
- Driven to grow the portfolio with your Broker
- Develop and build relationships with clients and underwriters
- Be a quick learner
- Excellent computer skills - speed and efficiency
- Effective communication and organisational skills
- Possess exceptional multi-tasking abilities
- Be an independent thinker
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- Team player
- Tier 2 or Tier 1 qualifications (Insurance Broking) - preferred
- Experience using a broking system will be highly regarded
Whilst previous General Insurance experience is valued, a desire to learn and develop in this industry is a necessity.
Austcover offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, on the job qualifications, and supportive colleagues and branch managers.
Come and join our team!
To apply for this wonderful opportunity please submit your covering letter and resume via 'Apply Now' button.
Your application will include the following questions:
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a RG146 insurance broking accreditation?
Austcover was established in 198...