Posted 10 months ago
Are you an established Account Manager looking for a new opportunity to live, work and become part of the fabulous Surf Coast community!
Torquay Insurance Brokers (TIB) aspires to provide true risk advice and tailored Insurance solutions to the rapidly developing Surf Coast region and beyond.
TIB are currently undergoing an exciting growth journey to capitalise on the enormous opportunities that are being presented to the business.
To support our growth, we are ideally looking for an accomplished Account Manager to join our down to earth yet professional team. You will be given the freedom to manage and grow your own portfolio of business comprising a blend of commercial and SME's involved in industries such as manufacturing, construction & trades, retail, hospitality and tourism, yet supported by experienced mentors and leaders who believe in work life balance.
And at the same time the chance to live and become a part of the fabulous Surf Coast community!
This role would ideally suit a motivated, self-starter with a passion for developing relationships and partnering with your clients. You will be their advocate in their time of need and deliver exceptional service and advice.
Responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Portfolio management including fostering and maintaining strong client relationships
- Contribution to individual and team annual new business targets
- Developing new client relationships
- Exploring all up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Ensuring timely management of debtor collections
- Claims handling
- Complying with all Company policies and procedures
- Supervision and support of Internal Account Managers
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone with:
- Diploma of Financial Services (Insurance Broking) desired
- Proven experience in a similar role in a general insurance broking organisation or Underwriting role
- Proven experience in managing client and business relationships
- Technical proficiency in policy coverage and review and accurate file management in order to meet compliance requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with Insurers for the provision of financial services
- Competency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
What we are looking for…
- Great communication skills
- Collaborative team player
- The ability to multitask and manage time
- Strong networking skills
- Self-motivated with a desire to strive for excellence
- Community minded in both business and personal life
In return we offer:
- A work-life balance within a professional team
- Flexible working options
- Team participation and support
- Great mentors
- Ongoing education and training
- Career progression opportunities
- Competitive remuneration and incentive program
Take control of your career & lifestyle and apply today!
Please also note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted during the Recruitment Campaign
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of insurance broking experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in insurance broking?
- How many years' experience do you have in the insurance industry?